Media interest in Saudi Arabian connections to the crimes of 9/11 centered on calls for the release of the 28 missing pages from the Joint Congressional Inquiry’s report. However, those calls focused on the question of hijacker financing and omitted the most interesting links between the 9/11 attacks and Saudi Arabia—links that implicate powerful people in the United States. Here are twenty examples.
- When two of the alleged 9/11 hijackers, Khalid Al-Mihdhar and Nawaf Al-Hazmi, came to the U.S. in January 2000, they immediately met with Omar Al-Bayoumi, a suspected Saudi spy and an employee of a Saudi aviation company. Al-Bayoumi, who was the target of FBI investigations in the two years before 9/11, became a good friend to the two 9/11 suspects, setting them up in an apartment and paying their rent.
- Al-Mihdhar and Al-Hazmi then moved in with a long-time FBI asset, Abdussattar Shaikh, who was said to be a teacher of the Saudi language. Shaikh allowed them to live in his home for at least seven months, later saying that he thought they were only Saudi students. In an unlikely coincidence, both Al-Bayoumi and Shaikh also knew Hani Hanjour, the alleged pilot of Flight 77. Although Shaikh was reported to be a retired professor at San Diego State University, the university had no records of him. He was then said to be a professor at American Commonwealth University but that turned out to be a phony institution. During the 9/11 investigations, the FBI refused to allow Shaikh to be interviewed or deposed. The FBI also tried to prevent the testimony of Shaikh’s FBI handler, which occurred only secretly at a later date. Despite having a very suspicious background, the FBI gave Shaikh $100,000 and closed his contract.
- Journalist Joseph Trento claimed that an unnamed former CIA officer, who worked in Saudi Arabia, told him that Alhazmi and Almihdhar were Saudi spies protected by U.S. authorities.
- After being appointed CIA Director in 1997, George Tenet began to cultivate close personal relationships with officials in Saudi Arabia. Tenet grew especially close to Prince Bandar, the Saudi ambassador to the United States. Bandar and Tenet often met at Bandar’s home near Washington. Tenet did not share information from those meetings with his own CIA officers who were handling Saudi issues at the agency. These facts are among the reasons to suspect that Tenet facilitated the crimes of 9/11.
- Bernard Kerik, the New York City police commissioner at the time of 9/11, spent three years working in Saudi Arabia in the 1970s. He then spent another three years in Saudi Arabia in the 1980s as the “chief investigator for the royal family.” It was Kerik who first told the public that explosives were not used at the World Trade Center (WTC) in a news conference. It was also his police department that was said to have discovered a passport that fell from one of the burning towers, providing dubious evidence identifying one of the alleged hijackers.
- After 9/11, former FBI director Louis Freeh, whose agency failed to stop Al Qaeda-attributed terrorism from 1993 to 2001, became the personal attorney for George Tenet’s cohort, Prince Bandar. Sometimes called “Bandar Bush” for his close relationship to the Bush family, Bandar was the Saudi intelligence director from 2005 to 2015.
- The company that designed the security system for the WTC complex, Kroll Associates, had strong connections to Saudi Arabia. For example, Kroll board member Raymond Mabus, now Secretary of the Navy, was the U.S. Ambassador to Saudi Arabia in the 1990s. Control of WTC security speaks to the question of how explosives could have been placed in the three tall buildings that were demolished on 9/11.
- All four of the contractors that were involved in implementing Kroll’s security design for the WTC had done significant business in the Saudi kingdom. Stratesec, the company that installed the overall electronic security system at the WTC complex, had also managed security for Dulles airport, where Flight 77 took off, and for United Airlines, which owned two of the three other planes. For many reasons, the company’s managers should be primary suspects in the crimes of 9/11. Stratesec was in partnership with a large Saudi engineering and construction company to develop and conduct business in Saudi Arabia.
- Another interesting connection between Stratesec and Saudi Arabia was that, in the years leading up to 9/11, Stratesec held its annual shareholders’ meetings in an office that was leased by Saudi Arabia. This was an office in the Watergate Hotel occupied by the Saudi Embassy (run by Prince Bandar).
- The Bush and Bin Laden-financed Carlyle Group owned, through BDM International, the Vinnell Corporation, a mercenary operation that had extensive contracts and trained the Saudi Arabian National Guard. Several of Stratesec’s key employees, including its operating manager Barry McDaniel, came from BDM. In 1995, BDM’s Vinnell was one of the first targets of Al Qaeda, in Saudi Arabia.
- One of the two major contractors hired to manage the cleanup of debris at Ground Zero—Bovis Lend Lease—had previously built the Riyadh Olympic stadium in Saudi Arabia.
- The other primary cleanup company at Ground Zero—AMEC Construction—had just completed a $258 million refurbishment of Wedge 1 of the Pentagon, which is exactly where Flight 77 was said to impact that building. AMEC had a significant presence in Saudi Arabia for decades, working for the national oil company, Saudi Aramco.
- In the 1990s, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), run by Dick Cheney’s protégé Duane Andrews, trained the Saudi Navy and instructed Saudi military personnel at its company headquarters in San Diego. SAIC had a greater impact on counterterrorism programs in the United States than any other non-government entity and it profited greatly from 9/11.
- While SAIC was training the Saudi Navy, the Carlyle/BDM subsidiary Vinnell Corporation was training the Saudi Arabian National Guard. Simultaneously, Booz Allen Hamilton was managing the Saudi Marine Corps and running the Saudi Armed Forces Staff College.
- Salomon Smith Barney (SSB), the company that occupied all but ten floors of WTC building 7, was taken over by Citigroup in 1998 after Citigroup was taken over by Saudi Prince Alwaleed, in a deal brokered by The Carlyle Group. Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney joined the advisory board for SSB just after Citigroup’s takeover and they only resigned in January 2001 to join the Bush Administration.
- The Saudi government was sued by thousands of 9/11 victim’s family members due to the suspicion that Saudi Arabia helped to finance Al Qaeda. The Saudis hired the law firm of Bush Administration insider James Baker to defend them in that lawsuit.
- The 9/11 families’ lawsuit against Saudi royals was thrown out on a technicality related to the ability to sue a foreign government and, later, the Obama Administration backed the Saudis during the appeal.
- The world’s leading insurance provider, Lloyd’s of London, filed a lawsuit alleging Saudi involvement in the 9/11 attacks. Lloyd’s dropped the lawsuit just days later without explanation.
- After 9/11, it became clear that Saudi officials were supporting terrorism. For example, in the case of a would-be “underwear bomber,” it was revealed that the suspect was working for the CIA and Saudi intelligence.
- Saudi Prince Bandar has been accused of coordinating an international ring of terrorism in his role as Saudi intelligence chief. From Egypt to Libya, and now in Syria, evidence suggests that Bandar Bush has led a network of terrorists around the globe, with U.S. support.
Therefore it is not surprising that people who hear claims of Saudi involvement in 9/11 wonder why the discussion remains so limited and always avoids the glaring implications those claims should entail. It remains to be seen what cards U.S. and Saudi leaders will play in the ongoing game of terror and deception.
Can I just say something. It has apparently been kept secret that Khallad Bin Attash traveled to the US with Nawaf and Kahlid.
It seems likely hardly anybody is aware of this yet it is obviously important.
His ostensible reason for travelling to the US was medical. I am reminded that Bandar’s wife sent money to Osama Basnan’s family, also ostensibly for medical reasons.
It seems worth mentioning in relation to Saudi issues this apparent great important secret, that Khallad Bin Attash was also with those two in the USA
Excellent article, once again, as always. It makes me wonder, however, how people constantly blaming Israel, as if the Israeli “leadership” was solely responsible for the 9/11 attacks and subsequent wars, will react to this article. I’m not much concerned about the opinions of those people, for they strike me as doing or committing plenty, say, of whitewashing, i.e., denial. I believe some Israelis were involved in the attacks, but to blame only Israeli “leadership” seems mindless to me. Etc.
Well Mike, I am one of those who see the criminal state of Israel, and many of its ‘leaders’, agents and Sayanim or US Dual Israeli citizens who were in pinch-point-positions all across the 9-11 spectrum as a very significant portion of the deep planning, organization, implementation, cover-up, etc. of the 9-11 attacks. The evidence is there, some circumstantial such as Larry Silverstein having a very close relationship with B.Netanyahu, and other very rich Israeli businessmen such as Lowey, Lauder, Greenbergs being intimately involved in the transfer of the WTC to private ownership, but much, as with the 5 Dancing Israelis, or the Truck filled with explosives at the GW Bridge and the Urban Moving Systems Mossad front, not to mention the over 200 Israelis swept up and then released by Chertoff after 9-11, these and many other numerous examples of Israeli tie-ins make a major Israeli connection to 9-11 certain. I see the Saudis as the source of patsies and operating cash as well as operational support and as a cloak over the more sinister Israeli connecton. 9-11 was the Big Wedding, The US and Israel, CIA and Mossad…forever wed to a strategy of deception and rule by fear instigated through false-flag attacks and wars for Eretz Israel and the Military, Intelligence, Security Industrial Complex…..
A problem with people like you is that while you may well tell part of the whole truth, you omit a lot at the same time. Blaming only Israelis or “Jews” is a falsified flag, for if something is half truth and half falsehood, then it’s falsified. Israeli “leaders” definitely aren’t responsible for the entirety of crimes committed by Washington! Unfortunately, however, many Americans blame only Israelis or Jews, and it’s bs. It’s another false or falsified flag. It’s more distraction from the full truth. And it’s superficial. These idiots behave as if the USA, with its own “leadership”, was otherwise saintly and it’s bs.
Continue blaming only Israelis if you wish, but don’t waste your or my time by bringing up such bs with me.
Finally got my brother to view a quick clip of building 7. As he has an engineering degree I was somewhat hopeful that it would open him up to take a closer look at the whole 911 event. It might have shocked him some but he definitely did not want to pursue it any further. He came up with a quick rationalization of what he saw and his criticism was that he wanted to view life positively and this would get in the way. He feels he can be a positive affect in the world and to dwell on the negative would be counterproductive. I understand his point but it’s hard to see it with the amount of death, destruction, and dislocation of people that are a direct result of 911. For the most part I am a coward in spreading what I believe. I do it some on the internet but very rarely in real life.
Sadly, this is a fairly common response. It is, after all, a very painful realization to face. As a result (to paraphrase a comment I once heard Erik Lawyer make) this makes our friends and loved ones a greater danger than the deep state traitors who carried out the 911/anthrax attacks, because it is their refusal, inability and/or apathy, in the face of such an ugly reality, that enables the perpetrators to have acted with such impunity and seemingly, a complete lack of fear of getting caught, regardless of how much damning evidence they left in their wake.
I always tend to stress that fact that this was not done by ‘the government’ or any general group of people (i.e. ‘Zionists’), for that matter, but by individuals. That said, we owe it to the victims, the future of this nation, the world and the countless lives destroyed in all the warring and crimes these events have served, and continue to serve as, pretext for. Let it not be said that we did nothing. Even if being properly informed, speaking out and signing a petition is all we can do at this point, those things remain none-the-less crucial. I would tell your brother that it is a fortunate luxury for us indeed to be able believe that avoiding an ugly truth makes the world a brighter place. Unfortunately, it is the opposite of the truth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0
When it comes to sharing this information with new people, I tend to focus on the fact that despite the obvious potential for complexity (not to mention mountains of disinformation) surrounding this subject, there is a relatively short list of well-documented and mutually supportive evidence that proves the explosive demolition of the Twin Towers and Building 7, on 9/11/01. With this idea in mind, I put together this page: https://ajl.smugmug.com/911/North-Tower-Exploding. It focuses solely upon easily verifiable fact-based evidence anyone can understand. *I’m working on posting essentially the same content on its own ‘northtowerexploding.com’ domain. However, putting up a website has proven a bit more challenging than initially anticipated, so Im still working on it, but in the meantime please feel free to share the smugmug NTE page with him, and anyone else, who could use a cogent and straightforward ‘Introduction To 9/11 Truth.’
Thank you all for all of your efforts. It may not seem like it sometimes, but it makes all the difference in the world.
to tg; it is indeed difficult sometimes to not ‘be a coward,’ as you call it. but on the bright side, i believe it was brave of you to persist in getting your brother to watch building 7. that is further than i’ve gotten with family members who know where i stand but are afraid to look into it themselves, it seems. life is easier at work, probably, for those who ignore the ‘conspiracy theorists.’ we ‘truthers,’ just need to keep trying harder than the liars, don’t you think? keep on ‘doing it’ some on the internet, actually, more and more. spread these links of the valorous kevin wherever you see the most slightly plausible opening of relevance. buy some/copy some good articles and hand them out wherever Democracy Now’ progressives’ and/or NPR liberals who think themselves so well educated convene for whatever events. i think you will find they are hungry for the information, and that more and more are willing to take a chance on appearing daring by looking at some of the info. lb
Blaming Israel totally scares off the Religious Right in America. Even if the duel citizenship Zionist had something to do with it, I was done with full knowledge of our Treasonous commander and chief. The country of Israel isn’t stupid and they knew what was going down that day.
The “Saudis” and the ISIS / ISIL/ ISI / AQI reconfiguration of Sykes-Picot
I wouldn’t spend time with David Icke. Maybe he’s truly anti-war, pro-justice, etc., but he’s also produced some laughable ideas, such as the White House administration being run by reptilian humans or reptiles pretending to be humans. If he meant that in a comical sense just to say or infer that the WH admin. was run by idiots, f.e., then this’d be understandable, but it would need to be made clear and Icke apparently didn’t do this; leaving the whole of this as if he was literally meaning reptiles disguised as humans. If that’s what happened, then he was negligent, for he left a negative impression with many activists.
Negligence that’s easy to avoid isn’t a trait for serious activists.
Any chance this new Reddit account is the real Kevin Ryan?:
Or is this a counterfeit pretending to be Kevin Ryan?
Yes, it’s me.
mike: re your faulty criticism of comment by ‘freedomfromfalseflagterror,’ above,: if you reread what he/she wrote, it does not fit your own statement ‘A problem with people like you is that while you may well tell part of the whole truth, you omit a lot at the same time. Blaming only Israelis or “Jews…”
but , s/he DID NOT blame only jews or israelis.!!!! read the following!!!!!
‘the over 200 Israelis swept up and then released by Chertoff after 9-11, these and many other numerous examples of Israeli tie-ins make a major Israeli connection to 9-11 certain. I see the Saudis as the source of patsies and operating cash as well as operational support and as a cloak over the more sinister Israeli connecton. 9-11 was the Big Wedding, The US and Israel, CIA and Mossad…forever wed to a strategy of deception and rule by fear instigated through false-flag attacks and wars for Eretz Israel and the Military, Intelligence, Security Industrial Complex….’
let us hope a release of the 28 pages does not serve to hide highly probable israeili/mossad complicity including planning of 9/11. we cannot afford to have bob graham and his likes ( whom kevin has castigated in these pages) ‘take the reins’ of the 9/11 truth movement without holding him, too, accountable. the problem is how to ensure full disclosure with a compromised media that has protected the real perpetrators all these years.
it is hard to believe that suddenly the 28 pages campaign is getting ink unless it serves some ulterior purpose of the perps. see http://www.thelibertybeacon.com/debunking-the-28-pages-of-the-911-report/ (transcript) and the original https://www.corbettreport.com/interview-1161-pft-live-debunking-the-28-pages/. lynn b
Saudi Arabia, USA, Israel? If any one of these is involved the other two may also be investigated. The one who was responsible for the terrorist attack on USS Liberty in 1967 may be investigated for 9/11.